In the Cards is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Fred Gitelman, world-champion bridge player and co-founder of Bridge Base Online. This wide-ranging conversation provides behind-the-scenes insights into the world of professional bridge, the psychological stress of top-flight competition, and how the human mind can compute amazing feats of memory.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, The Art of Competition, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- Bridge Background – What it’s all about
- A Personal Perspective – Beginnings, partnerships, tournaments and memory
- The Bridge Business – Educational software, online domination and special friends
- At the summit – Conquering the world and then reverting to type
- Critical Times? – Demographics, gender and the future of bridge
Available in electronic format on all major booksellers, including:
In the Cards is also part of the five-part Ideas Roadshow Collection, Conversations About Anthropology & Sociology, which is available in paperback, hardcover and electronic format.