This page is broken into 6 sections, click on the links below to visit the relevant section(s):
I. Ideas Roadshow Book Series
New Ideas Roadshow Book Series: Presented in an accessible, conversational format, Ideas Roadshow books not only explore frontline academic research featuring world-leading researchers, including 3 Nobel Laureates, but also reveal the inspirations and personal journeys behind the research. Two new series, Ideas Roadshow Conversations (100 books) and Ideas Roadshow Collections (20 books), are now available from leading distributors/vendors (see below) across a wide range of subject areas:
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Language & Culture/Asian Studies
- The Environment
Ideas Roadshow Conversations: All 100 books in this series include a detailed introduction, questions for discussion at the end of each chapter and connections with other books in the series.
Ideas Roadshow Collections: All 20 collections in this series are focused on a particular discipline, as highlighted above. Each collection includes 5 full Ideas Roadshow Conversations books plus a comprehensive preface which details the connections between those books.
Intelligent, Inquisitive, International, Inclusive – Perfect for lifelong learners of all ages:
- Non-Fiction Readers: Any patron who enjoys reading non-fiction books will be interested to get behind-the-scenes, personal insights from leading experts in their fields into what the world of research is really like, how personal experiences impact research directions, how science works, how discoveries and progress in different subject areas are made, and more.
- Book Clubs, Discussion Groups, Community Events: Both series are great conversation starters for your patrons. The questions posed at the end of each chapter may be used to develop programs in and outside of your library to allow for holistic and interactive engagement with the research presented.
- Academic Learning for Students and Instructors (K-12, Colleges & Universities):
A wide range of supplementary materials for research projects in the various disciplines offered, including inspirational, candid insights into how even leading academic researchers had to overcome many obstacles to reach their destination and make progress in their discipline.
All books are available through the following vendors/distributors:
- Palace Marketplace
- ProQuest’s Ebook Central
- EBSCO’s GOBI
- Baker & Taylor’s Axis 360
- Follett’s Titlewave
II. Ideas Roadshow Videos
The Ideas Roadshow series of documentary-style compilation videos (65) are exclusively available through Kanopy for public and academic libraries. Visit the Ideas Roadshow channel on Kanopy.
On Odilo you can now access a wide range of award-winning Ideas Roadshow videos in 15 different subjects plus a collection of tailor-made videos for the IB’s Diploma Programme.
Stay tuned about our recent partnership with Proquest’s Academic Video.
III. Ideas Roadshow’s IBDP Portal, Academic, Public Library and High School Portals
Ideas Roadshow offers 4 separate streaming platforms:
1. Ideas Roadshow’s Academic Portal;
2. Ideas Roadshow’s Public Library Portal;
3. Ideas Roadshow’s High School Portal;
4. Ideas Roadshow’s IBDP Portal
Ideas Roadshow was the recipient of The Educational Learning Resources Award at the London Book Fair International Excellence Awards in 2018 for Ideas Roadshow’s Academic Portal, Public Library Portal and High School Portal.
The judges specifically expressed their enthusiasm for how Ideas Roadshow “makes cutting-edge research concepts accessible to a broad range of learners and educators with different needs through a careful, high-quality editing process and the production of a spectrum of innovative, engaging formats.”
Library Journal gave an excellent review of Ideas Roadshow in 2015. Below is the verdict by Harvard University Librarian Cheryl LaGuardia:
“The different formats make this such an accessible product, as does the handling of the material. The guests are brilliant and expert presenters; it’s just as obvious that love and care has gone into the creation of this remarkable, reasonably-priced product. Enthusiastically recommended for public, academic, and school libraries.“
V. Library Vendors/Distributors
Ideas Roadshow books and videos are available through the following vendors/distributors. For further information please use the contact form.