The Mind-Body Problem is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Janko Tipsarevic, who is a former professional tennis player with a career-high singles ranking of world no. 8 and founder and CEO of Tipsarevic Tennis Academy in Belgrade, Serbia. This conversation gives behind-the-scenes insights on what it takes to achieve excellence in professional sports, what mindset is needed to reach one’s true potential and a penetrating and inspirational window into the psychology of professional tennis that resonates with all of us.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, Giving Your All, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- On Nietzsche and Tennis – The dangers of too much perspective
- Lost Opportunities – Reflections on vacuous press conferences
- Commitment – More than just the hours
- Breaking Through – Leaving nothing back
- Tennis as a Team Sport – Davis Cup and doubles
- Achieving Potential – Coaching and talent
- Winner Take All? – Spreading the wealth—or not?
Available in electronic format on all major booksellers, including:
The Mind-Body Problem is also part of the five-part Ideas Roadshow Collection, Conversations About Social Psychology, which is available in hardcover, paperback and electronic format.
We’ve produced a one-hour video of our conversation with Janko Tipsarevic which is available on Vimeo On Demand: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/themindbodyproblem