Defined By Relationship is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Charles Foster, who is a writer, traveller, veterinarian, barrister, philosopher and Fellow of Green Templeton College, University of Oxford. This wide-ranging conversation provides a detailed exploration of several of his books in many different fields with a particular focus on Human Dignity in Bioethics and Law and the New York Times Bestseller Being a Beast.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, At the Heart, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- An Aristotelian Encounter – A mystery solved
- Studies in Empathy – And the lack thereof
- Childhood – A brief digression
- Engagement – Consciousness, relationships and different perspectives
- Dignity – An overarching principle
- Creating Impact – Changing hearts and minds
Available in electronic format on all major booksellers, including:
Defined By Relationship is also part of the five-part Ideas Roadshow Collection, Conversations About Philosophy, Volume 1, which is available in both paperback and electronic format.