Mind-Wandering & Meta-Awareness is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Jonathan Schooler, Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences at the University of California, Santa Barbara. This wide-ranging conversation examines how mind-wandering can serve as a window into the psychological world of meta-awareness. further topics include the nature of consciousness, mindfulness, creativity, free will, verbal overshadowing and more.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, Back to the Future, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- Meta-Beginnings – Grappling with universal vagueness
- Getting Precise – Definition and measurements
- Brain-Wandering? – What’s happening inside
- Creativity – Mind-wandering’s upside
- Responses – Views from the other side
- On the Wild Side – Free will and multiple universes
- Outstanding Issues – From the Decline Effect to an encouraging universe
Available in electronic format on all major booksellers, including:
Mind-Wandering & Meta-Awareness is also part of the five-part Ideas Roadshow Collection, Conversations About Psychology, Volume 1, which is available in hardcover, paperback and electronic format.