Examining Time is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Lee Smolin who is a faculty member of Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. The basis of this wide-ranging conversation are Lee Smolin’s books Life of the Cosmos and Time Reborn. This detailed discussion offers an investigation of time, both what it is and how the true nature of it impacts our world and future and provides behind-the scenes insights into the development of Lee Smolin’s groundbreaking theory on the nature of time.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, Full Circle, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- Physics via Architecture – The power of Einstein
- Justifying the Laws – Two possibilities
- Collaboration – Physics meets politics
- Rolling Up Our Sleeves – Towards overcoming tautologies
- Cosmological Natural Selection – Evolutionary details
- The Meta-law Dilemma – Harder and harder
- Scientific Impact – Implications, applications and responses
- Making A Difference – The heart of the matter
Available in electronic format on all major booksellers, including:
Examining Time is also part of the five-part Ideas Roadshow Collection, Conversations About Physics, Volume 2, which is available in hardcover, paperback and electronic format.