Constitutional Investigations is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Linda Colley, the Shelby M.C. Davis 1958 Professor of History at Princeton University. Linda Colley is a leading expert on British, imperial and global history since 1700. After inspiring insights about Linda Colley’s teachers and professors who had a strong impact on her future career as a historian, this wide-ranging conversation provides a detailed examination of the global history and present state of constitutions and their impact.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, Knowing the Rules, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- Personal History – Grappling with identity
- Constitutions, Part 1 – Written and unwritten
- Constitutions, Part 2 – Use and abuses
- Implications and Applications – Legal ramifications, language and possible next steps
- Marching Onwards – The future of the past
Available in electronic format on all major booksellers, including:
Constitutional Investigations is also part of the five-part Ideas Roadshow Collection, Conversations About History, Volume 2, which is available in hardcover, paperback and electronic format.