For the Love of History is based on an in-depth filmed conversation between Howard Burton and Margaret MacMillan, Professor of History at University of Toronto and Emeritus Professor of International History and the former warden of St Antony’s College at University of Oxford. This wide-ranging conversation examines Margaret MacMillan’s research on patriotism and nationalism, which are essential themes of her lifelong work on 19th and 20th-century history.
This carefully-edited book includes an introduction, Perpetual Revisionism, and questions for discussion at the end of each chapter:
- The Historical Enterprise – Investigating the subtleties
- Historical Value – Reevaluating the present and connecting with the past
- Pride and Prejudice – Patriotism vs. nationalism
- Professional Insights – An insider’s view
- Living Historically – Following your passion
Available in electronic format on all major booksellers, including:
For the Love of History is also part of the five-part Ideas Roadshow Collection, Conversations About History, Volume 3, which is available in hardcover, paperback and electronic format.